ChartDirector 6.0 (ASP/COM/VB Edition)
Formats Available for This Documentation
This documentation is available in both CHM and HTML formats. CHM is the recommended format on Windows because of the built-in search facilities and better indexing support in CHM viewers, while HTML format can be read on any operating system. Both formats may be downloaded from http://www.advsofteng.com/download.html
Due to security reasons, Microsoft Windows may only view CHM files properly if they are located on the local hard disk. CHM files located on network drives may not work properly. Please ensure the CHM file is copied to your local hard disk for reading.
Also, if the CHM file is downloaded from the Internet or copied from a network drive (as opposed to installed by an installer), Microsoft Windows may block the CHM file. You may need to "unblock" the CHM to read it. The steps are:
- Right-click the CHM file, and then click Properties.
- Click Unblock, then click OK.
Welcome to ChartDirector
ChartDirector is a powerful chart component for creating professional looking charts for web and windows applications. Key features include:
- Comprehensive Chart Styles : Includes pie, donut, bar, line, spline, step-line, trending, curve-fitting, inter-line coloring, area, scatter, bubble, floating box, box-whisker, waterfall, finance, gantt, vector, contour, heat map, surface, 3D scatter, radar, polar line, polar area, polar spline, polar scatter, polar bubble, polar vector, rose, pyramid, cone and funnel. The x and y axes can be swapped. Bar charts can be horizontal or vertical, and so do line charts and other XY chart styles. Many chart styles also support 3D effects.
- Meters and Gauges : Includes angular meters of configurable angular span, linear meters and bar meters in horizontal and vertical orientations.
- Complex Finance Charts : Special support for composing sophisticated financial charts - candlestick, OHLC, volume bars, moving averages, price bands, RSI, MACD, Stochastic, Momentum, Parabolic SAR, ROC, OBV, and numerous other technical indicators.
- Layer Architecture : Enables new chart styles to be composed easily using chart layers as building blocks. For example, a box-whisker layer can used to add error bands to a bar chart. A scatter layer can be used to add symbols to specific points of a line chart. The possibilities are endless.
- Interactive : Chart objects, such as bars in bar charts, slices in pie charts, legends and labels, etc, can have customizable tooltips and support mouse events. Programmable track cursors can dynamically update legend entries to show the data at the mouse cursor position as the mouse slides across the chart, with axis labels displaying the position of the mouse cursor. Zooming and scrolling by using mouse click and drag, mouse wheel, or the viewport control user interface.
- PDF/SVG Support: Charts can be output in PDF and SVG formats, as well as in PNG, JPG, GIF and BMP formats.
- Flexibility : ChartDirector's object oriented API allows you to control and customize chart details, providing you with tremendously flexibility to design the charts you want.
- Advanced Color System : ChartDirector's extended color system supports not only solid colors, but also semi-transparent colors, gradient colors, patterns colors (wallpapers), and colors that change at user-defined positions to represent zones and thresholds. All ChartDirector objects can be filled using these colors.
- CDML : ChartDirector Mark Up Language (CDML) technology allows rich formatting of text with embedding icons and images. CDML is supported in all ChartDirector text positions, including chart titles, legend keys, axis labels, data labels, etc.
ChartDirector is available in the following programming languages and component technologies.
- ASP / COM / Visual Basic / VBScript / JScript
- .NET (C#, VB, C++/CLI and other CLI Languages)
ChartDirector for Java and ColdFusion are written in pure Java and is platform independent. ChartDirector for ASP/COM/VB and .NET are supported on Windows. ChartDirector for PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby and C++ are supported on Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X and Solaris.
© 2017 Advanced Software Engineering Limited. All rights reserved.